Instagram

Instagram

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Compassion (Original) MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

Original Photography by:+Mitch Debrowner
https://plus.google.com/photos/113020499347875878373/albums/5662458098444992481/5662458206214569266
 


It interrupted the sunny morning,
It transformed it into gloom,
I awaited the wrath to come,
The Earth cried immediately,
Leaving traces on the rich soil,
All living creature hid from it,
They were compassionate!
Earth gave its last cry; the storm,
It devoured everything on its path;
It was hungry for sympathy.
It reminded us all of the fact;
The Earth is very much alive.
There was peace in the chaos.
Always will be.

-Erick Flores

7 comments:

  1. Hi Erick, got your email and here I am, sorry I haven't commented sooner. I like the last two lines the best, but overall it's a good poem, lookforward to reading more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello sir! I am glad to hear you were able to see my email. Glad to have you here. If you get the chance, feel free to browse around the other poems I have published on my blog. It would mean a lot. Thank you once again for the comment and support!

    -Erick Flores

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Earth gave it's last cry," ...very, very good, nature, your soul and poetic metaphor, who could ask for more. I glanced at your Reading List as well, good reading....have you read "Man and Woman He Created Them: A Theology of the Body," by John Paul II??? I think you have the mature depth to handle his vision of espousal love.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello! Thank you for that analytical commentary! I have not read that book, but if you recommend it, I will definitely look into it and give it a read. Thank you for the recommendation. I will keep you updated.
    -Erick Flores

    ReplyDelete
  5. Erick,

    I loved this poem for the reasons of human fear and the power of nature.
    At a time when a reawakening may happen, when the balance is disturbed.

    Following your excellent Blog!

    Eileen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Mrs. O'Neil,

    I am glad you caught the essence of this poem. Thank you for commenting!

    Erick Flores

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Promising Poets Parking lot,
    thank you for the wishes! Wish you a happy new year as well!
    -Erick Flores

    ReplyDelete